Ministry: Presbytery of Chicago
Position Description PDF: Open PDF
This position creates and designs the Connect newsletters, eblasts, and visual presentations for the Presbytery Assembly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AVERAGE HOURS PER WEEK IN ( )
- Monday and Tuesday: Manage the weekly publication and distribution of the Presbytery’s electronic newsletter Presbytery Connect and other large e-mail communications, including creativity to produce graphics and summarize content into short marketable blurbs. (4)
- Weekly create flyers and brochures and eblast when needed. (2)
- In office every other Wednesday for staff meetings and face-to-face interaction. (8 hours every 2 weeks = (4) hours per week)
- Quarterly: Produce digital content for Presbytery Assembly meetings including video and visual presentations. There may be additional called Presbytery Assembly meetings as well. (2)
- Daily work with Director of Connectional Relationships (DCR) to update and manage social media (Facebook, Instagram) and website postings. (2)
- Daily monitor all generic email accounts and forward or respond as needed. (1)
- Proficiency in all technological tools related to the job description is required including PowerPoint, MailChimp, Canva, Adobe, Zoom administration Facebook, Instagram, and WordPress.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
- The successful candidate will enjoy proposing new ideas, taking initiative, and being creative.
- The successful candidate will have a high level of emotional intelligence and will enjoy working as a team player to solve problems and create opportunities.
- Willingness to serve in a Christian denominational setting is required.
- Experience in a faith-based or non-profit environment is preferred.
SALARY AND WORK LOCATION
This is an hourly position averaging 15 hours per week. Although this is a hybrid work opportunity with most work being done remotely (except every other Wednesday in-office staff meetings), the work demands daily activity. Additionally, there is increased activity before Presbytery Assembly meetings which occur quarterly and sometimes with more frequency. 12 hours per quarter (average 2 hours per week) is calculated for this work. The wage is $27.50 per hour.
EVALUATION AND REVIEW
This position will be reviewed annually by the Executive Presbyter as supervisor, in consultation with the Personnel Committee, under the jurisdiction of the Presbytery Coordinating Commission.
How To Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume (in one document) with the job title in the subject line of the email.