Looking for a great opportunity to be a Pastoral Care Director where you can really make a difference?
Join the team at Westminster Place, a Presbyterian Homes community, an independent, non-profit senior living care organization offering full continuum of care from independent and assisted living to skilled nursing and memory care at four luxury retirement communities. Presbyterian Homes has achieved national recognition and accreditation for senior living leadership and expertise. We were established in 1904 and have an excellent reputation for providing a wide range of living options to seniors to live every day as they wish. Our team members have consistently rated Presbyterian Homes as a great workplace in confidential engagement surveys.
To plan, direct and manage the spiritual life programs for Ten Twenty Grove and Westminster Place of Presbyterian Homes.
- Under limited direction and within the framework of the philosophy of Presbyterian Homes: Oversees religious programming for the residents of Ten Twenty Grove and Westminster Place
- Plan, direct and manage the spiritual life program which includes pastoral care, worship, religious programming, communications, teaching and training. Schedules and conducts departmental staff meetings as necessary to plan, inform and direct the departmental programs and staff
- Prepares, conducts or arranges for:
- Five weekly worship services, special services in celebration of church holidays and services for Jewish, Episcopalian, and Roman Catholic residents
- Sunday afternoon Vesper Services in the Chapel
- Funeral Services
- Spiritually nurture residents and their families. Counsels individual residents and their families as appropriate particularly in times of emotional and/or physical stress
- Serve as Staff Liaison to the Resident Spiritual Life Committees of the Highlands and Westminster Place Resident Council and Presbyterian Homes Spiritual Life Advisory Council
- Insures regular and systematic visits to Residents in the Health Care Center and hospital
- Prepare and assist in providing spiritual/religious/educational programs in conjunction with the Choices program for living well
- Prepare and supervise distribution of resident death notices
- Supervise the Elliott Chapel music program including the monthly Gift of Music organ recital series
- Co-chair the Ethics Committee of Westminster Place
- Master’s degree in theological/religious studies (M.Div.)
- Ordained Presbyterian minister
- Special training in Pastoral Counseling and Ministry with older adults and their families
- Pastoral experience and demonstrated professional competence serving in a long-term care setting
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental Vision
- Long-term Disability & Extended Illness Bank Program
- Employee wellness program with medical benefit deduction incentives and cash bonuses!
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Generous Paid Time Off/PTO plan. It is a plan that rolls over year to year.
- Employee lounges and meal discount program.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match and baseline
- Scholarship programs including Tuition reimbursement
- Citizenship Funding Program
- On-site Fitness Centers staffed with certified personal trainers